What Our Clients Are Saying:
“We Love SFG!”"We Love SFG! Specialty Finishing Group is our first choice for all of our print projects! A++++++"
“SFG is wonderful!”"SFG is wonderful! They completed my project on time and with beautiful style!"
“We Highly Recommend SFG!”"We highly recommend SFG! Our brochure project looks superb!"
“By Far The BEST Vendor”I say it to everybody who listens.. you guys are by far the BEST vendor a printer could ever ask for!
“SFG Delivers!”"Specialty Finishing Group Delivers! They produced our last 10 projects and we couldn't be happier with the results!"
“SFG Gets It Done!”"SFG gets it done! Specialty Finishing Group is our first go-to when we need a print or mailing project completed."
From Our Blog:
The post-press printing world is full of interesting facts and figures!
We thought we’d share a few with you.
Did You Know?
- SFG can affix 1 million cards per day.
- SFG produces more than 15 million perfect bound books annually.
- PUR glue is the most reliable glue for perfect binding digitally printed books.
- SFG can produce more than 200,000 pads per shift.
- SFG can double-wire bind more than 150,000 books per day.
- The USPS delivers 212 billion pieces of mail each year.
- There is no address in the United States that cannot receive mail from the USPS.
- SFG processed more than 30 million pieces of mail per month last year.
- SFG employs more than 300 people each day.
- SFG moved its two divisions in 2013 without missing one day of production.
- SFG can produce more than 100,000 spiral bound calendars per day.
- ZIP in Zip Code stands for Zone Improvement Plan.
- Always allow one-quarter of an inch for trimming for images that bleed off the page.
- To prevent cracking, a paper’s grain direction should be parallel to the fold or score.
- Using the wrong wafer seals can result in your books opening up when going through the USPS high speed equipment.
- Always leave a ½ inch margin on the binding side of any wire bound book to prevent holes being punched in text.
- On large fulfillment projects, SFG offers an online interface where you can track each customer’s order.
- Providing a production sample is key to producing a finished book that meets your expectations.
- Adding signature marks to the spine of signatures helps ensure that sequence is easily identifiable.
- When mixing signature sizes in a perfect bound book, never place a 2-page signature in the very back or very front of the book.