What Our Clients Are Saying:
“By Far The BEST Vendor”I say it to everybody who listens.. you guys are by far the BEST vendor a printer could ever ask for!
Roger L.Specialty Finishing Group2016-05-22T23:18:33-05:00
“We Highly Recommend SFG!”"We highly recommend SFG! Our brochure project looks superb!"
Sheila G.Specialty Finishing Group2014-08-28T06:32:20-05:00
“SFG Delivers!”"Specialty Finishing Group Delivers! They produced our last 10 projects and we couldn't be happier with the results!"
Barry K.Specialty Finishing Group2014-08-28T06:22:32-05:00
“SFG Gets It Done!”"SFG gets it done! Specialty Finishing Group is our first go-to when we need a print or mailing project completed."
Steve M.Specialty Finishing Group2014-08-28T06:31:20-05:00
“We Love SFG!”"We Love SFG! Specialty Finishing Group is our first choice for all of our print projects! A++++++"
Mary L.Specialty Finishing Group2014-08-28T06:27:56-05:00
“SFG is wonderful!”"SFG is wonderful! They completed my project on time and with beautiful style!"
George S.Specialty Finishing Group2014-08-28T06:31:51-05:00
George S.0Specialty Finishing Group
From Our Blog:
The post-press printing world is full of interesting facts and figures!
We thought we’d share a few with you.
Did You Know?
- SFG can affix 1 million cards per day.
- SFG produces more than 15 million perfect bound books annually.
- PUR glue is the most reliable glue for perfect binding digitally printed books.
- SFG can produce more than 200,000 pads per shift.
- SFG can double-wire bind more than 150,000 books per day.
- The USPS delivers 212 billion pieces of mail each year.
- There is no address in the United States that cannot receive mail from the USPS.
- SFG processed more than 30 million pieces of mail per month last year.
- SFG employs more than 300 people each day.
- SFG moved its two divisions in 2013 without missing one day of production.
- SFG can produce more than 100,000 spiral bound calendars per day.
- ZIP in Zip Code stands for Zone Improvement Plan.
- Always allow one-quarter of an inch for trimming for images that bleed off the page.
- To prevent cracking, a paper’s grain direction should be parallel to the fold or score.
- Using the wrong wafer seals can result in your books opening up when going through the USPS high speed equipment.
- Always leave a ½ inch margin on the binding side of any wire bound book to prevent holes being punched in text.
- On large fulfillment projects, SFG offers an online interface where you can track each customer’s order.
- Providing a production sample is key to producing a finished book that meets your expectations.
- Adding signature marks to the spine of signatures helps ensure that sequence is easily identifiable.
- When mixing signature sizes in a perfect bound book, never place a 2-page signature in the very back or very front of the book.